Our contact details
Data Lead: Isabella Dowden
What data do we collect?
We may collect and process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity data will include your first name and last name.
- Contact data will include your billing address, email address and telephone number but this will depend on what you submit via the website.
- Technical information may include internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Usage data may include information about how you use our website, for example how you navigate the website (length of visits to pages) and what pages you visit.
Marketing data may include preferences for receiving communications from us.
We do not collect special categories of data as defined by GDPR.
How we use your data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. Our legal basis for processing your data is legitimate interest; we believe we provide a useful service which benefits both tootingbaby and you as a tootingbaby user.
tootingbaby’s overall purpose is to provide users with information about what’s on in Tooting for babies, toddlers and children. It also provides information and support for families.
We use your data to meet this purpose:
- To process and deliver a new listing.
- To respond to your enquiries.
We are committed to only keeping personal data while it is being used. Our current policies for disposing of personal data are:
- We will delete your personal data if you have not contacted us for 12 months.
You may also request that we delete your personal data, we will respond to all such requests within 14 days. We will send you a confirmation email to confirm this has been done.
Our website is hosted on WordPress. We use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
We use social media channels for communicating and marketing Tootingbaby. This includes Instagram and Twitter. We may deliver advertising through these channels to you, to help develop and grow Tootingbaby. This is done through the “follow” function. We do not process any of the data from your account other than to post content to our “followers”. If you wish to unfollow our account at any time, then please follow the instructions on the relevant social media channel.
Our website includes links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements or how they may process your data.
We do not sell data to third parties.
Access to Information
You have a right under the Act to a copy of all personal information about you held by tootingbaby. To exercise your right please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Access Request in the header. We will respond to your request within 1 month of receipt and will notify you within that period if, in the unlikely event, we need more time to complete your request.
Changes to the policy
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, please contact email@example.com
If you have any complaints about how we have processed your data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Should you remain dissatisfied you may contact the ICO, the UK data protection authority. Details can be found at their website www.ico.org.uk
NB: information provided to this website is voluntary and not required by any statutory obligation. This website does not use automated decision making.